What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information provided by you and (2) information provided by others. We receive information from you that you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This includes information you provide to us via technology, such as a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. To complete our records, enhance your experience as a customer, and spot fraud, we also receive information from other sources. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to that which is required to run our business.
We collect information to provide the products and services you have requested, and to improve your shopping experience. When you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services, we collect information from you in a variety of ways.
You provide us with information in a variety of ways, both in our stores and online.
- Make an online purchase or other transaction with us.
- Create an account on our website or mobile services.
Cookies And Similar Technologies
- Cookies, for example, are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to the hard drive of your computer via your web browser. They enable us to save the contents of your shopping cart until you are ready to check out, recognize your browser when you visit and provide you with information about products that may be of interest to you. We can personalise your return visits and save you time during checkout by doing so. It is possible to disable cookies in your browser, but to benefit from the benefits of being a registered user, your browser must be set to accept cookies.
- When our third-party ad servers (including Google) serve advertisements to this website, they may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. In conjunction with activity on this site, user interaction with ads and ad-views across the Google Display Network, DoubleClick for Advertisers, and/or other display advertising networks is reported. Information about your visit to this website, such as the number of times you viewed and/or clicked an ad (but not your name, address, or other personally identifiable information), is used solely for internal reporting and advertising optimization.
Legal Requirements And Protection Of Our Company
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, such as when sharing is required by law or when we believe sharing will aid in the safety, property, or rights of Walmart, our customers, our associates, or other individuals.
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request.
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry.
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or a violation of the law.
How Collected Information Is Used
We will keep User Information only as long as it is required to provide the product to the Users. We may hold and retain the information we collect, and when we no longer require Your information, we will delete it from our systems. If We keep the information for a longer period of time, it will be solely to meet legal, contractual, or regulatory obligations. We may use the information We collect from You for a variety of business and/or regulatory purposes, including the following:
- User registration on the Website;
- Processing user orders/requests and product delivery
- Completing transactions with Users and billing for the product provided while adhering to legal obligations
- Technical administration and website customization
- Ensuring that the Website content is presented to the Users in an effective manner
- Dealing with requests, inquiries, complaints, or disputes, and other customer care-related activities, including those arising from the Users' request of the product, and all other general administrative and business purposes.
- User identity verification and fraud prevention checks.
- When You send an email message or otherwise contact Us via the Website, We may use the information you provide to respond to Your communication. We may also archive such information and/or use it in future communications.